SPECIFIC Food DONATIONS FOR GRAB-N-GO BAGS NEEDED!
The Norwood Food Pantry remains committed to the health, safety and well-being of our clients and volunteers during these unprecedented times. In response to recommendations by the CDC, the Greater Boston Food Bank and most importantly for the safety of the community, we have transitioned to pre-packaged bags containing essential non-perishable items augmented with perishable items such as milk, cheese, eggs, produce and meat selections.
At this time, we are requesting that any monetary donations be made to the Greater Boston Food Bank: -to-give/
We have been able to increase our order from the Greater Boston Food Bank to accommodate the items for our “Grab-n-Go” bags, however at this time their inventory is very tight due to food supply chain issues and as you may have noticed, even the local grocery stores are struggling to stock their shelves with specific food items.
As such, if you choose to contribute to the Pantry, we would encourage donations only for the selected food items that are used to pack our Grab-n-Go bags:
1. Please do not travel to the stores just to pick up donated items- instead we suggest that you purchase a few donation items during your regular shopping trip, especially if they are on sale.
2. Drop them off at the Stop & Shop donation box or the Pantry donation box located behind Grace Church at 150 Chapel St. on Sunday through Thursday. Please do not drop off on Saturday morning as we are greeting clients and the parking is full.
3. Contact the Pantry (781-291-3663) to arrange an appointment to drop off items.
Thanks to recent donations, at this time we are only accepting donations for the items listed below to include in our Grab-n-Go bags:
• Beef Stew
• Canned Fruit
• Spaghetti Sauce (24 – 26 ounce jars or cans)
• Boxed Rice (Rice Pilaf, Near East, Rice a Roni, Zatarins, etc.)
• Tea Bags (black or green, regular or decaf)
• Coffee (instant regular or decaf)
• Powdered Drink Mix (lemonade – Country Time, any store brand)
• Canned Tuna (6-7 ounce, white albacore chunk or solid)
• Cold (Boxed) Cereal
How to Donate Money
The Pantry is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, so your contribution is fully tax deductible. All contributions will be acknowledged. Donations can be made in honor of a special occasion or in memory of someone.
To make a donation, send your check to:
Ecumenical Community Food Pantry of Norwood, Inc.
150 Chapel Street
Norwood, MA 02062
To donate by Paypal or credit card:
Shop using Amazon Smile with this link and a percentage will benefit the pantry. Click here to shop via Amazon Smile.