SPECIFIC Food DONATIONS FOR GRAB-N-GO BAGS NEEDED!
The Norwood Food Pantry remains committed to the health, safety and well-being of our clients and volunteers during these unprecedented times. In response to recommendations by the CDC, the Greater Boston Food Bank and most importantly for the safety of the community, we have transitioned to pre-packaged bags containing essential non-perishable items augmented with perishable items such as milk, cheese, eggs, produce and meat selections.
At this time, we are requesting that any monetary donations be made to the Greater Boston Food Bank: -to-give/
As such, if you choose to contribute to the Pantry, we would encourage donations only for the selected food items that are used to pack our Grab-n-Go bags:
1. Please do not travel to the stores just to pick up donated items- instead we suggest that you purchase a few donation items during your regular shopping trip, especially if they are on sale.
2. Drop them off at the Stop & Shop donation box or the Pantry donation box located behind Grace Church at 150 Chapel St. on Sunday through Thursday. Please do not drop off on Saturday morning as we are greeting clients and the parking is full.
3. Contact the Pantry (781-291-3663) to arrange an appointment to drop off items.
At this time we are only accepting donations for the items listed below to include in our Grab-n-Go bags:
As of October 2, we are in need of:
• Hash, Beef Stew, Chili
• Canned Soup (esp. chunky types, minestrone, chowder, veggie, chicken, etc.)
• Spaghetti Sauce (small cans, jars)
• Pasta (ziti, penne, rigatoni. spaghetti, etc.)
• Boxed Rice (Rice Pilaf, Near East, Zatarains, Rice a Roni, etc.)
• Cereals (cold boxed and oatmeal varieties)
• Canned Fruit
• Canned Chicken (small cans preferred)
• Canned White Albacore Tuna (small cans preferred)
• Canned Vegetables
• Canned beans (ex: baked, black, chick peas, pinto, kidney, etc.)
• Hot Cocoa mix
• Tea (green or decaf)
• Coffee (instant – decaf)
How to Donate Money
The Pantry is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, so your contribution is fully tax deductible. All contributions will be acknowledged. Donations can be made in honor of a special occasion or in memory of someone. You can either write your note to us on your check, or in the notes field in PayPal.
To make a donation, send your check to:
Ecumenical Community Food Pantry of Norwood, Inc.
150 Chapel Street
Norwood, MA 02062
To donate by Paypal or credit card:
Shop using Amazon Smile with this link and a percentage will benefit the pantry. Click here to shop via Amazon Smile.